Monday 28 December 2015

Winter Solstice Celebration

We were away to Kunming during the actual day of Winter Solstice Celebration which was on 22 December. Today my three "boyfriends" (aka hubby & sons) wanted to eat the glutinous rice ball ("tang yuen") in sweetened soup.  I went to buy a packet of 500gm glutinous rice flour for hubby to  knead the dough. Each of them chosen a color to shape into the little ball.

So we were actually celebrating my birthday by eating "Tang Yuen" and officially I am a year older!

This time round, with my elder son's suggestion, we rolled in brown sugar in pieces into the white ball. Yum, these tasted so much better.

As for the soup, just boil with bruised ginger, screwpine leaves and rock sugar.



As this is a tradition that should goes on, my "boyfriends" have suggested that they should do it every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment