Tuesday 28 June 2016

Simple Recipe - Double Boil Winter Melon Soup

Our friend, an old uncle gave us a big winter melon, which was from his own garden. So I figure out the way to double boil winter melon soup with it as this is one of my children's favorite and it quite expensive to order this.

Firstly I need chicken stock but instead of buying cube chicken stock, I boiled my own using since I have chicken bone.

I have all the ingredients I need at home, so I gave a try to make this soup. As it was really big, I cut into 2.

Ready 😉

Cut into half


Ingredients
Winter Melon
2 Dried Chinese Mushroom
6 Dried Scallop
Fish Maw
Minced/Slice Meat (chicken/pork)
Ginger, minced
Salt
Pepper
Chicken bone or any parts

Method
Boil half pot of water
Add in chicken bone
Boil slow fire, put in salt and pepper
Set aside

Soak mushroom and scallop in water. Once the mushroom soften, cut away stem. You can throw the stem into the chicken stock.
Dice the mushroom.

Soak fish maw (cut to your desire size) in hot water. Discard the water and squueze water out of the fish maw.

Marinate meat with chinese wine, corn flour, pepper, sesame oil and soya sauce.

Cut a hole and dig out the seed in the winter melon. Cut the winter melon into cube.

Heat up wok, add little oil saute minced ginger, diced mushroom follow by minced meat. Add in the water which used to soaked the mushroom and scallop. Stir till mushroom is soft and minced meat is cooked.

In a double boiler, add in water then put a bowl to hold the melon into the double boiler. Put the saute ingredients into the melon and top with fish maw. Scoop your chicken stock into melon and double boil for 1.5 hours. There you go the sweet winter melon soup.


Double Boil






No comments:

Post a Comment