Monday 16 May 2016

Simple Recipe - Western Brunch

Usually every Saturday, I will go to my husband's office to help him in his paperwork or administrative even accounting. However last Saturday he had to go to his customer's factory due to some issues with their production and he got stuck there till late evening.

So with whatever ingredients that I have, I made my kids something they like, western set brunch with spaghetti, bacon and chicken whole leg.




I marinated 3 whole leg chicken with the following seasoning which I was amused as at one glanced my younger son asked me "mom today's brunch looked pretty! and also when he asked me what I used coz he said it was tasty.

I told him just simple sauces that I have:

Soya sauce 3 tblsp
Chinese cooking wine 6 tblsp
Teriyaki sauce 3 tblsp
Black pepper
Ginger juice
Pinch of salt

As for spaghetti, first time trying to cook Aglio Olio with lots of slices of garlic, olive oil, pasta water, salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese. It turned out mmmm...not bad and I topped it with fried bacon.

What I did was, boil pot of water to cook the spagetti for 20 minutes or as per instruction in the packing. A video I watched advised to puts lots salt into the water. I added some olive oil.

Then in a wok, put in olive oil and brown the garlic then add a scoop of pasta water follow by salt and black pepper. Then switch off the stove  Once spagetti is cooked put into the wok and toss. Then top with additional black pepper and parmesan cheese and toss till all evenly spread.

I boiled the kids their favorite pandan juice with pandan leaves from my mini garden to go with their meal. A happy meal for them but my husband got jealous when he said that I cook the boys a special meal whenever he is not around! I had a good laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment