Tuesday 24 May 2016

Simple Recipe - Stewed Pig Trotter in black vinegar

Never like those version selling outside but at least my late mom in law's version, I will take a little. My husband and two boys love this Stewed Pig Trotter in Black Vinegar.

Is not difficult at all. It only takes longer time as you need to cook till meat is tender.



I will normally buy the 750ml Cheong Chan brand of black vinegar and gula melaka from Melaka itself.

Ingredients
6 tbls sesame oil
Mixture of a bowl of bruised old & young ginger
1 whole bruised garlic
1 whole pig trotter
Water
4" length of gula melaka or use brown sugar
1/2 - 3/4 bottle of 750ml black vinegar
1 tsp Salt or to taste

Method
Blanch the pieces of trotter in boiling water
Discard water

Heat up sesame oil in pot, stir fry garlic and ginger till fragrant
Add pork trotter
Then water to cover 3/4 of the trotter
Boil for 30 minutes
Add black vinegar, cook for 30 minutes
Then add salt and gula melaka
Cook till meat is tender

Adjust accordingly if water or black vinegar is required.

Hubby tasted and commented "this is so good that I could not get it from dining out!". My elder son said "Mom, very taste, not too sour not too sweet". My younger son "just nice". Wow, my skill cooking this dish has improved.. Too bad, my mom is away in Shanghai because this is her favorite dish.







No comments:

Post a Comment