Tuesday 26 May 2015

Knowing me, Knowing you


We met for the first time on 4 February 1984, it was a Chinese New Year day, started as penpal in 1983. Our friendship somehow blossomed into a relationship.  Guess this was fated, less than 7 years of courtship, we were married on 2 December 1990 without a thought of what future will bring.  Our marriage was registered on 5 November 1990 and it was the day we took our wedding photo at the studio.

Life was simple then, we did not own a house nor a nice car but I was blessed to have a caring husband and an understanding mom in law who never stopped me from doing anything I want.

In 1996, we became godparents to our godson who needed to have a god-mom born in year of Sheep. Finally arrival of our son in 1999.  Throughout the years our children who were under the care of my late mom in law who passed on in year 2003.  We had them under the care of numerous housemaids with your dad around to supervise.  I was glad that I did not have to send them to daycare.

As to earn more income and for the sake of medical benefits, I had been holding on to my stressful job.  When our maid of 5 years left, I decided to quit to spend more time at home.  I left my job in March 2012.  But I think lots of my friends or even family members thought I would not survive as full time homemaker and wasted giving up working life. Even my husband was not supportive.  Maybe less time spent, less argument? No, we turned out just fine and I felt happier though at time bored and moody.

During working life, I got real stressed up managing office work, home, at times needed to help out in hubby's business.  Never bothered how much he is earning, how much saving we have because these are not what I anticipated the day I married him. 

Even when we needed to go on vacation, I got to finished all my works and the workload got worse after I got back from vacation.  Lately, I could feel at ease, a real vacation without thinking of office backlog.

I am a person who is very stubborn and argumentative.  I talk more than I listen.  A not so self-confident person when comes to cooking.  It had  been all along mom/dad's cooking and then my mom in law's cooking while I was studying/working.  I have learnt and still trying my best to be a follower. Used to be a sort of leader at work.  Quite a moody person and don't know how to start a right topics to socialize.  Realized I am actually a person who loves to write but not flawless English though, so I have started my blog.

Glad that my persistence in cooking the dishes that hubby's mom used to cook had improved gradually.

Trying to write 20 facts about me:

1. No sense of direction
2. Dislike planning for itinerary, prefer follow tour
3. Stubborn and impatient
4. Love spicy food
5. Love to have afternoon tea or coffee with slice of cake or waffle
6. Favorite destination : Paris
7. Like travel but dislike packing and unpacking
8. An organized and systematic person
9. Dislike last minute planning
10. Dislike curry puff pusing
11. Love home cooked mustard cabbage soup and Azam pedas
12. Terrible sensitive skin
13. Love Peking Duck
14. Not good in make-up
15. Love writting
16. Not the best mom or wife, trying hard.
17. Dessert : Waffle, ice cream, cendol, tapioca nyonya kueh & seri muka, tau foo fah (soya bean custard)
18. Can be very fierce at times
19. Not a very sociable person, more introvert but learning to be more outgoing
20. Not good in driving & worst in parking!

Every love story is beautiful but i will always treasure ours 💋. Life is a journey, may we grow old together and till death do us part.

Happy 25th Silver Anniversary to us!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment