Tuesday 18 May 2021

Days without a Domestic Helper


Life without domestic helper during this Covid-19 pandemic, I will have to wake up at 6.30 am daily to do some house chores before leaving to work. Still not too bad, everything can be managed since sons already grown up and they helped with daily sweep and mop their own room and some other simple chores. At times during public holiday and weekend will normally adjust my alarm clock to 7 am. Come on...trying to be hardworking but also tend to be lazy at times. As for weekly cleaning task, I will try to be off for at least 2 days in a week as wanted to give myself a break on the weekend.  If not, then I will do some cleaning on the weekend.

Mr hubby is the one that need to settle the dogs, his garden, fishes before leaving to work that made him grumble at time. After a long period of time, he stopped grumbling.

Dinner will be much simpler version as I try not to have too many deep fried stuff to minimize the cleaning of kitchen. More to steaming, braising and boiling. At times, sister in law  who happened to be my neighbor) cooked some extra dishes and gave me a small portion but enough for us as we are not a big eater during dinner.

Maid has left since June 2020, almost a year ago as she wanted to get married after 3 years working with us. Border is closed, thus no maid is allowed to come into our country.  Even our Malaysia Immigration could not give a clear indication as our cases is increasing again daily. 

Just hope this pandemic will end real soon.

I had a temporary maid, Siti. She was sent to me on 13 July 2020 but she ran away after a month plus she ran away on 23 August 2020.  I have managed to call her but she gave me reasons. After few months,in FB, I saw that she ran away from her employer too.

Since then I no longer take in any temporary maid as there are too many scammers out there.





 






No comments:

Post a Comment