Friday 12 April 2019

Short Vacation in Vinh Phuc

It was already 8 months ago the last I blogged.  I remember it was the period I started busy with helping my husband to set up another company for his friends.  As he is away for four days on business trip, besides working from home, I have time to clear all my fillings, do some spring cleaning, reading Robert Kuok's memoir, yumcha with a nearby friend and here I am writing my blog which is more like a journal for me to remember.

Wonder where is this Vinch Phuc ?  This place is an hour from  Noi Bai, Hanoi International Airport. Vinh Phuc is a mountainous province at Northwest of Hanoi in Vietnam. In the Northeast of this province, you can visit the mountains of Tam Dao, home to Stone Church, Thac Bac waterfall and Buddhist monastery Truc Lam Tay Thien.  Dai Lai Lake another attraction is actually inside Flamingo Resort and you need to pay entrance fees which we decided not to as it was quite expensive and we just want to take a look of this lake.

With only 4 trading power in RCI, not much resort or country I could choose to utilize it and to avoid extension of this or combination of this trading power that incurred more cost, I have to settled this as travel period till 30 June 2019 before the trading power expired.  As it was recommended by Anna of RCI that this FLC Luxury Vinh Phuc Resort is nice, I have reluctantly agreed to this with 30% discount on the exchange fee for a 4 nites stay.  Not sure of what to expect but just a short couple getaway is fine too.

The resort arranged for my airport pick up which cost VND600,000 approximately USD26 for an hour drive to the resort. Return trip to airport cost VND500,000 (USD22).

This place is so huge with beautiful landscape, an aviary, indoor outdoor pool and kids playground, spa, massage, karaoke, tennis court, a peaceful temple and eco farm with vegetables, banana trees etc.  Just eat, pray and love for a relax vacation. Sit besides the lake to admire the black and white swan and flowers, trees of the beautiful landscape not forgetting chirping sound of birds to de-stress is all you need.

Upon arrival, never expect that my RCI booking was not in their system. Nevertheless we were served welcome drink and was given a room while  they sort out the issue. We took a buggy ride from reception to our hotel room.  They have Villas too. Room was large with comfy bed and clean bathroom complete with complimentary wifi, coffee tea and mineral water.

A car with driver for whole day tour to Hanoi (1.5 hours away) or Tam Dao (1 hour away) can be arranged by them which cost VND800,000, approximately USD35.

Royal Restaurant at the resort serve varieties of local, Asian or Western food.  There were few staff that could speak English and all of them were very helpful and friendly, taking care of our needs.

No regret that I have chosen this resort for a short getaway.














No comments:

Post a Comment