Wednesday 17 February 2016

Simple Recipe - Jiu Hoo Char

A dish to have for Reunion dinner, Jiu Hoo Char is best to keep overnight. So every year since the passing of my late mother in law, I have been cooking this dish a day before.




Ingredients
2 big turnip, cut strip
2 tbls pounded/minced taucheong
2 big onion sliced
A medium bowl of strip dried cuttlefish
1 medium size pork belly

Method
Blanched pork belly in boiling water
Once cooked, discard water, slice the belly, then cut strip
Heat up wok
Put in big onion, taucheong, pork belly and cuttlefish
Add the turnip
Top with black soya sauce and salt (to taste), water
Cook till the turnip is soft

My late mother in law was a very good cook, every dish she cooked was appetizing.  I am not sure how is my this dish compare to her cooking!

Cherish your parents, they are your greatest blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment