Monday 29 February 2016

Simple Recipe - Braised Pork Belly

I am so glad today that I have managed to braise this dish that its gravy went so well with rice. Truly satisfied!

There are so many recipes that I could google but I have created my own this time. Both my sons gave me a thumb up for this dish.  My husband suggested the gravy is best eaten with mantao.





Ingredients
1 Pork Belly, cut
1 whole Garlic, bruised
1 tblsp sugar or rock sugar or brown sugar

Seasoning
2 tblsp soya sauce
1/4 tsp thick soy sauce
3 - 4 tblsp chinese cooking wine
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 small pc fermented red beancurd
1/2 tsp sugar

Method
Boil water in pot, blanch cut pork belly, set aside, pat dry.
Heat up wok, add oil follow by sugar, brown the pork, set aside
In a pot, add 2 tblsp cooking oil, add whole garlic
Then put in pork belly
Add in seasoning, cover with water
Cook till the meat is tender, add water gradually if not enough.
The gravy will be lesser/thicker when the meat is cooked well.



No comments:

Post a Comment