Sunday 4 May 2014

Mom - the pillar of strength

This article is dedicated to my late mother in law who passed away on 26 February 2003 due to advanced carcinoma at the age of 64.

She was suffering from skin cancer diagnosed in June 2002 before she passed away 8 months later, admitted to few hospitals several times and had gone through radiotherapy in Subang Medical Centre.

It was heartbreaking to see her suffering, being a kind and generous person, a good wife, a great mom and granny looking after all her 6 grandsons. His only son, my husband had lost weight tremendously as he was running around, juggling between work and taking his mom to hospital.  It was all upside down as my mom in law was the one who cooked for the family (his three children, 2 daughters and 1 son and their families). My sons were just 6 and 3 years old.  I was working and was not able to take leave all the time.

We actually intended only to get a maid when our bigger house was ready to move in as we were staying with my parents in law in a smaller house.  We had no choice but to quickly get a maid in to look after her and my kids.

Since her passing, his only son had been going the pagoda to pray her every week or at least once a month.  It was a year later that he could at least let go his sadness being very close to his mother.

Till now, we still miss her though 11 years had passed.

My advice, do love your mom dearly when she is still around.





No comments:

Post a Comment