Friday 20 September 2013

Dilemma - Working mom vs Stay at home mom

There is no right answer whether you should work or you should stay at home to look after your family.

Lots of working couple out there as you need income to survive thus leaving the children to either with stayed in maid or child care centre.  You are lucky if you have your mother or mother in law to look after your kids.  Is always not a good idea to leave your younger kids with the maid or child care centre.

I have been working like for more than 20 years when my indonesian maid of 5 years decided to leave for good, i was indecisive whether i should quit and be a homemaker.  Finally, my decision was made and a first few months of course i was not use to being at home, doing the cooking, ferrying the kids to school and other classes or activities.   Soon i got used to it and when it came to school holidays, i could even feel that it was that enjoyable as I did not need to rush for lunch to prepare my son for school.

When i went for holidays, it was really a vacation as I used to rush my tasks in the office before I break for holiday and then the stress level when you were back from holiday, the piles of works and emails that you need to read through.  

But bear in mind, if you choose to be homemaker, you will need to sacrifice your desires for branded stuff, fine dining unless of course your husband could afford that.

So far so good, lets see how it goes.  Maybe one day, i will go back to working world.

I have indeed been practising my cooking and glad that I have gained confidence in making dishes used to be prepared by my late mother in law.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment