Tuesday 12 January 2016

Simple Recipe - Indian Style Curry Fish

I have been trying my best to cook this dish numerous times. I believe practise makes perfect. In the beginning it just did not turn out as my late mom in law's cooking. But gradually now my cooking has improved though not as up to mark if to compare with my late mom in law.

As a Penang nyonya, there is no measurement in her cooking, everything "agak-agak" (estimate). So I also have to use her method trial and error.  Thus I do not really use grammage or spoon for measurement of spices that I use but I try put here to ease whoever who wanna try out cooking this dish.





Ingredients
Sliced of Mackerel
20 Okra
2 Big onion quartered
2 Tomato cut wedges
16 tbls Chili Blend (6 small onion, 6 garlic, medium bowl dried chilies)
Spices (1/2 small bowl coriander seed, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp fennel, 2 star anise, 2 cinnamon stick, 4 clove)
1 coconut : 2 medium bowl coconut milk
60g tamarind: 1 medium bowl tamarind juice
Curry leaves

Method
Oil
Chili blend stir till fragrance
Salt (to taste)
Put in Spices stir till fragrance
Curry Leaves
Then add coconut milk to boil
Follow by tamarind juice and salt
Add tomato, big onion & okra
Finally fish

Try the gravy if not enough sour, add tamarind juice






No comments:

Post a Comment